Our team is based at the Faculty of Science, Charles University, where the team members participate in teaching on migration and other topics. The team members also take part in educational activities for the public.
Courses at the Faculty of Science
The members of our team participate in the following courses:
- Contemporary trends in development studies (Aneta Seidlová)
- Contemporary trends in migration studies (Lenka Pavelková, Kristýna Janurová)
- Demographic data collection I (Jonáš Suchánek)
- Demography for epidemiologists (Dagmar Dzúrová)
- Human ecology and population development (Dagmar Dzúrová, Dušan Drbohlav)
- Geography of international development (Aneta Seidlová)
- Geography of migration (Eva Janská)
- Geography of services and tourism (Zdeněk Čermák)
- Geography of health and illness (Dagmar Dzúrová)
- Globalization: processes and problems (Jonáš Suchánek)
- Global learning (Eliška Masná)
- Immigration issues in the United States and (Central) Europe (Dušan Drbohlav, Eva Janská, Dagmar Dzúrová)
- Integration, integration policies and practices (Eva Janská)
- Latin America (Eva Janská)
- International migration (Dušan Drbohlav)
- Migration and development (Dušan Drbohlav, Klára Blahůtová Kavanová, Eva Janská, Lenka Pavelková)
- Seminar on global migration and development studies (Dušan Drbohlav)
- Social geography (Zdeněk Čermák, Dušan Drbohlav)
- Social geography of Czechia (Zdeněk Čermák)
- Statistical data analysis I (Vít Bořil, Jiří Hasman)
- Statistical data analysis II (Dagmar Dzúrová, Jiří Hasman)
- Statistics for teachers (Vít Bořil)
- Introduction to geography and geographical proseminar (Jiří Hasman)
Master programme in Global migration and development studies
Since 2015, students can choose their master degree in global migration and development studies. The programme provides theoretical and practical education for students interested in international development, international migration, immigrants’ integration and related issues.
You can also follow the programme on Facebook.
Competition for the best master thesis in the field of international migration
PhD Study programmes
The team Geomigrace also educates young researchers in the field of migration within PhD study programmes. PhD students deal with issues of international migration, migrants’ adaptation and migration policies. The PhD students take part in research activities of the whole team.
Information for potential PhD students
People interested in doctoral studies can contact the team members. The applicants must have completed their master studies in the field of geography (or a related field), they need to prepare a research project and pass the admission procedure.
More information is HERE.