Dita Čermáková, Ph.D.
phone number: +420 22495 1392
- International migration
- Economic activities of immigrants
- Irregular migration
- Migrants businesses
- Migrants' mobility
- Social integration of immigrants
- 2011 PhD degree in Social Geography
- 2005 University of Amsterdam, Institute of Migration and Ethnic Studies
- 2006 University of Milano, Department of social & political studies of the Faculty of Political Sciences, European Sociological Association (ESA), summer school „Immigration in Europe“, Italy
- 2004 University of Joensuu, Cultural Diversity Programme (1.1.2004-30.6.2004), Finland
- 2005 – 2006 Project GA UK “Ethnic Economy“
2018 - 2020 Project TAČR - Managing migration with a special focus on Ukraine as a tool for reducing the workforce deficit and increasing the competitiveness of Czech industry
2016 - 2018 Project GAČR - Moldovans in Prague (Czechia) and Torino (Italy) – migratory and integration patterns, financial and social remittances under scrutiny
- 2013 - 2014 "Forecasting migration between the EU, V4 and Eastern Europe: impact of visa abolition" Visegrad funds.
- 2012 - 2014 "Migratory relations of foreigners (and majority) in the Czech Republic: concentration of difussion processes?"
- 2010 - 2012 “Migration and development – economic, social and socio-economic impacts of migration on the Czech Republic, as migration target country, and Ukraine, as migration source country (with a specific focus on the analysis of remittances”, No. P404/10/0581, main investigator D. Drbohlav
- 2010 – 2011 „Residential segregation in Carlsbad“, task no. v CES 3661/5166/84/94, main investigator L. Sýkora
- 2010 - 2011 "Removing barriers and increasing the level of security for foreign workers" (in collaboration with the Research Institute of Occupational Safety, MPSV ČR)
- 2007 – 2009 Project IDEA „Mediterranean and Eastern European Countries as New Immigration Destinations in the European Union“ (CIS-CT-2006-044446; 6. rámcový program EK), main investigator in CZE D. Drbohlav
- 2005 – 2008 „International migration and illegal employment activities of migrants in the Czech Republic in the wider European context“ finaned by MPSV ČR (project: 1J/PR/03327), main investigator D. Drbohlav
- 2005 – 2007 „Segregation in Czech Republic - a state of development, causes and consequences, prevention and correction“ (WA–014–05–Z01) finaced by MMR ČR, main investigator L. Sýkora
(selection of publications in English)
ČERMÁKOVÁ, D. (2014): Migration between the EU, V4 and Eastern Europe: the present situation and the possible future. The Perspective of Czechia. In: Jaroszewicz, M., Lesinska, M.: Forecasting migration between the EU, V4 and Eastern Europe. Impact of visa abolition. OSW Report, Warsaw.
ČERMÁKOVÁ, D., KOHLBACHER, J. (2012): Ethnic Enterpreneurship. Case Study: Prague, Czech Republic. European Foundation of Living and Working Conditions.
DRBOHLAV, D.; MEDOVÁ-LACHMANOVÁ, L.; JANSKÁ, E.; DZÚROVÁ, D.; ČERMÁKOVÁ, D.; ČERMÁK, Z. (2009):. Irregular economic activities of migrants in the Czech Republic. International Migration Papers No. 94, International labour office – Geneva, 77 str.
DRBOHLAV, D., DZÚROVÁ, D., ČERMÁK, Z., JANSKÁ, E., ČERMÁKOVÁ, D., MEDOVÁ, L. (2008): Immigrants´ Irregular Economic Activities in the Czech Republic (a Multi-Approach Study), Transfer - The European Review of Labour and Research, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 639-652.
DRBOHLAV, D., ČERMÁKOVÁ, D. (2002): Current Immigrants in the Czech Republic – Spatial Patterns (Border Zone vis-a-vis Interior), To be presented at a workshop “Transfrontier Migration in the CEE Countries: Problems and Experience in Regulation”, December 12-15, 2002, Budapest.)